In this section, we will answer common question regarding the purchase, installation and usage of our indicators.
How to install & add NinjaTrader indicators?
- First, to install the indicator, go to Control Center → Tools → Import → Import NinjaScript Add-On. After importing, NinjaTrader needs to be restarted.
- Then, activate the license by going to Control Center → New → Devside Trading → Enter license Key → submit license Key.
- To finally add the indicator to a chart, go to the Control Center → New → Chart. Then right-click on the chart window and click on indicators to chose your indicator.
You can find a detailed manual for the installation and activation of our products under the links below:
Devside Trading Manual - Indicator
Devside Trading Manual - Share Service
If I purchase an indicator, when is my license activated?
You get your license code by email and after entering it, your add-on will be activated immediately.
How to add an indicator to a strategy?
When creating a strategy with NinjaTrader, the strategy builder is used. You can add any indicator available in your NinjaTrader to the strategy, for example, to use in conditions for actions. Find detailed information in the NinjaTrader Strategy Builder Guide.
If your strategy is already created and available as NinjaScript, then you can add any indicator by editing the script as you see fit. You can find the guide on how to use indicators in a strategy under the following link: https://ninjatrader.com/support/helpGuides/nt8/?adding_indicators_to_strategie.htm
How to compile an indicator in NinjaTrader 8?
To compile an indicator in NinjaTrader, the following steps are necessary:
- Open NinjaScript Editor: Control Center → New → NinjaScript Editor
- Find the indicator in the right pane called NinjaScript Explorer and double click it.
- Make changes to the indicator.
- After you implemented the changes, right click in the editor window and select "Compile" in the context menu or press F5.
- In the bottom left corner of the window, you will see a loading symbol. Once the symbol disappears, the compilation process is finished.
Are you developing custom indicators?
If you have an idea for your own indicator or trading system, don’t hesitate to reach out to us via the contact form.
If the custom indicators section doesn’t offer a fitting solution, we’d be pleased to help you develop the best fitting custom indicator for you.
Can I back test NinjaTrader indicators?
NinjaTrader 8 has a built-in strategy backtesting function. A detailed explanation is given here: Backtesting in NinjaTrader (https://ninjatrader.com/support/helpGuides/nt8/?backtest_a_strategy.htm)
Is Devside Trading part of the NinjaTrader Ecosystem?
Yes, Devside Trading is a proud part of the Ecosystem.
How do I back up indicators and strategies for NinjaTrader 8?
For backing up your indicators and strategies, follow these steps:
Click Tools → Export → Backup File. Once there, also chose “NinjaScript files”.
If only a specific indicator should be exported, go to Tools → Export → NinjaScript Add-on.
Do you offer discounts when ordering multiple indicators/add-ons?
If you purchase several indicators at once (3 or more), you will receive an additional discount. Simply reach out to us and we will set you up with a bundle price.
What if I got questions regarding the indicators?
We offer free email support. If you would like to set up a 1 on 1 call to address your questions, we have additional support options available for that.
Can I transfer my license to a new computer?
To activate the license on a new computer, please contact us and we will deactivate your old computer. This way, you will be able to complete the activation process on your new computer.
How can I remove an indicator from NinjaTrader 8?
In case the indicator is installed as a NinjaScript you can delete the indicator via the NinjaScript Editor. To navigate there, open the Control Center → New → NinjaScript Editor. Then, click on "Indicators" to check which indicators are installed. Finally, you can select and delete the unwanted indicator(s).
If the indicator is installed as compiled assembly, you can delete by going to Control Center → Tools → Remove NinjaScript Assemblies. Select the indicator you want to remove and click remove and restart NinjaTrader.